We’ve launched the USB or the Ultimate Sales Battle and if you missed the pilot episode, do yourself a favor and watch it now. You’ll find the full video replay below. Go ahead and click play now.
One of the many reasons why you should watch episode 1 in particular is because this episode includes an overview of what the USB sales training is all about and other things you need before jumping in on the phone to make this work for you. There are three things you need before you can apply the tactics you’ll learn in this webinar series. First, you need the right mindset. Second, you need to do your homework with the help of tools we provide for you. And finally, you need to understand our three-part sales structure.
Watch and listen to the role-play replay now and discover…
- Why sales phone calls often fail
- The 3-part, psychology-based sales structure
- The “consultant” mindset when talking to prospects
- How to handle your first-ever phone call with the prospect
- What to say on your second phone call / consultation
- How to close with confidence on the third call
Watch USB Episode 1 Replay Now:
Know Your Inner Game: The Professional Consultant Mindset
Before you even pick up that phone, it’s important to have the right kind of mindset.
You are a marketing consultant and that your time on consulting is extremely valuable. You also respect the time of whoever you’re in contact with. You are willing to provide X number of hours of free consulting because you have done your homework and you know that you can help them. But if there’s no fit, you are willing to move on. Get your inner game right and half of the battle is already won.
So What’s your INNER GAME?
- You are a professional marketing consultant
- You respect your time and your lead’s or client’s time
- Your time is valuable and you are sharing your expertise and valuable time during consulting sessions
- You can only give an X number of hours and minutes of free consulting to let them know what could help them and if they want to move forward with you. If not, you are willing to walk away with a smile knowing that you have shared a bit of your knowledge. And consequently, they could walk away with the valuable consulting from you.
- You are a FIGHTER – and you choose your BATTLES wisely!
Pre-Call Preparation: Gather Your Weapons
This is a battle, a sales battle. And now that you have the right attitude, you will need an arsenal of information and analysis about their business, their current footing in online marketing, what needs to be done, and what is waiting in the future to win your prospect. You will need to use the tools we make available to you. Here’s a quick rundown of tools:
- Research Tools:
- Keyword Research
- Site Grader Report
- Online Presence Report
- PPC Grader Report
Take note too that the USB assumes you already have a lead and that you’ll be calling that lead for the first time. So, we’re also not going to discuss our lead generation tools and tactics during the training but nonetheless, here’s a couple of lead generation resources you can use:
- Lead Generation Video Tutorial: Hyper Local Niche Workflow – How to Turn 1 Lead into 50
- Lead Generation Software: Endless Gold Mine (coming soon)
Lead Generation Resources:
Use the 3-Part Sales Call Structure
The absence of a plan or structure makes it difficult for you to convert the lead. The goal of the call is not clear to both you and prospect. Of course you want them to avail of your services, but should you pitch them SEO or web design on your first call? In some cases, perhaps, you can. But generally, that’s not the purpose of the first call. You respect your time and their time, so the first call should about your brief introduction, alerting them of the most urgent issues about their online marketing and setting up an appointment to give them free consulting – the second call. If the second call went well, then the third call must be about your proposal and closing the deal.
With a sales call structure in place, you’ll get better chances to converting that lead into a client. You both know in what phase you are in as everything is transparent and thereby expectations are clear. In summary, this is what the 3-part sales structure looks like:
- Sales Call Structure
- Stage 1: The First Call – The Introduction
- Stage 2: The Second Call – The Consultation
- Stage 3: The Third Call – The Proposal / Closing the Sale
This is important to understand when you go out there trying to get some clients. The first step aims to bring you to the next one. The intention of the first call is to get the second meeting, and second aims to get you the third and hopefully final call.
We are continually developing coaching and training methods to help sharpen your skills in consultative sales. You are a professional marketing consultant and there are many businesses around you needing your help — only that they don’t know this yet. This role-play marketing consulting and sales training will help you break this barrier and forge many more mutually beneficial business relationships.