Google’s Head of Search, Amit Singhal, talked about Google’s constant improvements, and also looked back at 10 years of significant changes.
In celebration of its IPO’s tenth anniversary, Amit Singhal took to Google+ and reflected on the biggest milestones the search engine has achieved over the past decade.
“In the decade since our IPO, Google has made big bets on a range of hugely important areas in search that make today’s Google so much better than the 2004 version,” Singhal said in his post, accompanied by a screenshot of Google’s homepage in 2004. [See Figure 1]
Emphasizing that “the heart of Google is still search”, Singhal stated that they made over 890 improvements to their engine last year. This is almost 500 times more than the changes they made in 2009, which
Google’s Matt Cutts estimated to be within 350 to 400.
Watch this video of Matt Cutts:
In 2010, Cutts also shared that they make an average of one change per day to their core search algorithm, resulting to a total of 550 improvements to search that year. To others, these kind of updates are expected, but the number continues to rise significantly year after year.
Meanwhile, according to Singhal, the “biggest milestones” of the past ten years for Google Search include:
- Autocomplete: Google has made typing out whole phrases archaic.
- Translations: Google Translate now comes in 80 languages.
- Directions and traffic: Google Maps made it possible to search the real world.
- Universal search: Google blends different types of results for the most relevant info, no matter the format.
- Mobile: Google adapted their Search regardless of device because people need information and answers.
- Voice: Users can now “talk” to Google in 38 different languages.
- Actions: Users can quickly text, email or call with the Google Search app.
- The Knowledge Graph: Google built the Knowledge Graph for users to ask specific questions and explore the web.
- Custom Info: Users can get information visible only to them, such as flight details saved in Gmail.
- Answers before asking: Google can automatically show vital information right when they are needed.
Here are at Endlessrise, we also have made hundreds of improvements over the past year focusing on providing our partners the tools they need to build their brands, attract and engage more visitors and leads, get more leads through an automated lead generation software, establish themselves as expert online marketing consultants, and get more sales to grow their business.
The improvements came in the form of new features, such as:
- The VIP Website
- Monthly Marketing Materials and the Marketing Library
- Endless Gold Mine
- SEO Tools
- Monster Metrics
- Ultimate Sales Battle – Role-play Consulting and Sales Training
- Monthly Promotions
- Pro Membership
- Web Design Proposal Builder
…and many more to come!
Watch this video summary of our Pro Membership features:
We do not only make the websites of our partners’ clients appealing to their target audience – we make sure that our SEO services are aligned with Google’s algorithms too!
Just like Google, we never stop improving our outsourcing services, and our systems. We keep on improving and adding features that will benefit our partners. So if you’re looking for a white label Digital marketing and SEO outsource that gives you more than an outsource solution, then sign up as an Endlessrise partner today!.